Which firewall?

manfromdelmonte 21:34 03 Dec 2005

I have onetel broadband and have just started to surf the net. I have been advised to installa free firewall. How do I do this and which is recommended?

VoG II 21:42 03 Dec 2005

Zone Alarm click here

ade.h 21:44 03 Dec 2005

Kerio is more configurable. Get it before the end of this month.

Starfox 21:53 03 Dec 2005

Zonealarm

rdave13 22:58 03 Dec 2005

Also try Sygate.

Belatucadrus 00:18 04 Dec 2005

click here for Kerio, soon to be taken over by Sunbelt click here

Mavericke 08:23 04 Dec 2005

Get Zone Alarm Pro...

johndrew 12:58 04 Dec 2005

I downloaded the 30 day trial of Kerio and noted it was obsolescent. It works fine with MS Firewall & Antispyware as well as AVG,Ad-Aware & Spybot.

I was going to buy the full version but feel uncertain as it will no longer be supported this time next year.

Zone Alarm and others either don`t like some of the other utilities (above) or (seem to) use an awful lot of cpu/ram.

Suggestions/advice?

johndrew 13:04 04 Dec 2005

I should have said, I did look at your link but Sunbelt is totally unknown to anyone I have spoken with. Perhaps we need a bit of education if you have any information on them?

ade.h 15:04 04 Dec 2005

You won't really need the full version; the features that will become unusable at the end of your trial period are not very important. The important functions will remain. The lack of support after 12 months is not really an issue for firewalls, so don't worry too much about that. If you would like the nearest equivalent that will continue to be supported, you could try Outpost. click here

johndrew 14:01 05 Dec 2005

Thanks for the tip. My main concern was that of updated protection/features; sometimes these can affect both security and stability. Based on your advice I shall stick with Kerio and not worry about the full version either until Sunbelt are better known to me or progress forces a change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires