Which e-mail for W7?

muergo2 15:56 21 Jan 2011

Which is the best for easy transfer of Outlook Express e-mails on my old XP computer to the new W7 one?

What's the difference between the two MSN services, Hotmail and Live Mail or are they the same?

Just setting up new account with same old e-mail address from XP to W7

GaT7 16:12 21 Jan 2011

Hotmail is essentially web-based email, using a browser to access your messages. Whereas WLM is a program installed on your computer that you use to achieve the same - similar to OE.

click here / click here to import emails into Win7 WLM from OE.

click here if you'd like to setup your Hotmail email account in Windows Live Mail.

If you're used to OE, then I'd suggest trying Thunderbird click here (same people who make Firefox), especially if you cannot get on with WLM. G

muergo2 18:20 21 Jan 2011

I have hit a snag Crossbow, I need to have an unaltered e-mail address to access what must be hundreds of messages in my box for a month, probably full by now, but trying to setup Windows Hotmail/Live mail they seem to want address altered.

Also my Live ID does not work but reminder would only go to my busted PC not the W7 new one. Looks like I'll have to spend ages on phone to TalkTalk to find out what they can do.

GaT7 19:02 21 Jan 2011

Sorry, I'm not understanding. You can use your existing Hotmail address with WLM, so you don't need an altered Hotmail address.

'Also my Live ID does not work but reminder would only go to my busted PC not the W7 new one.'

?

What does TT have to do with it? Or do you mean setting up TT email in Windows Live Mail click here? G

muergo2 13:40 22 Jan 2011

Your links worked a treat Crossbow7 now have everything set up but for getting connection to mailbox, it would seem that after nearly a month of inaction they have closed it up, so now trying to get them to open it but as luck would have it they are doing computer upgrades this weekend so may not get fixed till monday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?