which DVD's to burn with a NEC ND-2500A

keith-236785 15:24 03 Jun 2004

Hi

i am intending to buy a NEC ND-2500A dvd re-writer from click here, the price is just right.

My queston is, what is the best media to buy for this (or any) dvd burner.

they also sell the media and i would like to order my first spindle from the same place as my burner.

the drive is an 8x ± , do i go fro + or - is one better that the other? im confused.

seems like my options are Verbatim or Infiniti for the +,

and Verbatim only for the - dvd's, other makes are availaable as single items but i was looking for a bulk spindle.

if someone highly reccomends a different supplier then i may take that advice.

thanks for any help

krsna 15:38 03 Jun 2004

click here
Try this site very good for blanks very low price for burners, bought pioneer107 from them.
Have tried + & - blanks, no difference that I could detect, I stick to the - because slightly cheaper.

€dstowe 16:05 03 Jun 2004

krsna's advice is good. We buy from SVp (Blankdiskshop) as they have very good prices. Check on the price of their burners before committing to the supplier you have chosen.

Note the SVP often have 1 penny carriage charges for members of their "club" some weekends so, join!

€d

byfordr 16:11 03 Jun 2004

You may do better with the NEC ND-2510A from the same place for about the same price. Dual layer capabilities.

Would totally agree with the above v.good prices, v.good customer services. CCL are also a very good company to deal with.

R

keith-236785 16:58 03 Jun 2004

byfordr, thanks for that but i chose this one for the included coloured facias (i got myself a new silver case and wanter a silver dvd drive). the other one you suggest is a dual layer which may be better (and about a quid cheaper) but it aint silver ;-))

€dstowe & krsna

thanks for the advice, i have looked at the site you suggest and may use it, but i will wait a while and see if there are any alternatives.

i use zenteq blanks with my 2500 , and not had a coaster yet.

£22.95 for 50 dvd's

click here

Rayuk 19:31 03 Jun 2004

Ritek with GO4 dye on
Dont bother with Arita as I think they are B grade riteks.[They are made by Ritek]
25 DVD -r for £9.74 + p&p[Printable] at SVP as mentioned above.

byfordr 21:34 03 Jun 2004

you can always add the colour fascias yourself (about £4 coolmaster)

R

keith-236785 22:46 03 Jun 2004

thanks folks

byfordr, where would i get the facias from, and what benefits would i get from a dual layer burner?

byfordr 10:05 04 Jun 2004

You can get bigger capacity disks with the new burners (I know you probably don't need it now, but I remember when 40mb was a massive hd!) click here click here

click here

click here under case mods

click here

A couple of quid more than they used to be.

R

keith-236785 13:14 04 Jun 2004

thanks for the input everyone, i will buy the drive from ccl, and the discs i will look for again from different suppliers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?