Which DVD Editing software?

paul654 15:54 24 Feb 2005

I've just purchased a Pioneer Dvr420h DVD Recorder and have begun converting all my old VHS Family videos to DVD. My intention was to put the movies on DVD-RW discs, tranfer them to my PC, Edit them, then save them to DVD-R. However, at the moment I only have Pinnacle Studios 8 and it doesn't seem to want to know about my movies (Stored on C Drive)it just asks for a capture device ?!?. My first question is , is it possible to get pinnacle to recognise my movies? and if not can anyone recomend software that will. My movies are saved in 'VR' mode...does that make any difference?

john-232317 16:33 24 Feb 2005

Type VHS to DVD in the search on the left column

stlucia 16:51 24 Feb 2005

I think you need a DVD ripper to extract the basic files from your DVDs in a format that Pinnacle can understand.

ripvan 20:02 24 Feb 2005

Try dvd shrink from click here is an excellent free dvd ripping prog for copying dvds.See if that will open your files.It's not a big prog but works well with nero etc to do the burning.

woodchip 20:09 24 Feb 2005

Bought Pinnacle 9.3.5 sound out of sink a known Problem bought Serif Movie Plus mutes sound on my TV card so no good to capture. got Ulead videoStudio 7 not a happy chappy, Sonic MyDVD does the job best so far for me, it was free on a mag disc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone