Which VIA Driver should I download and use

Giggle n' Bits 00:39 18 Sep 2005

Ok, final problem is I have the Asus A8V-E Deluxe Motherboard, I use 1x Sata HDD running Windows XP Home.

I have looked at the viaarena.com website under chipset drivers and see their is a Hypherion Pro driver & then a 4in1 driver seperate.

Now it says use the Hypherion Pro v500 driver if you use SATA or Raid. If you don't use the other 4in1.

That makes sense I understand.

So with using SATA (Not Raid) I download the Hypherion driver but when I go to install it there are 3 items listed one being a RAID utility, another being a Raid montior thing and other being newer inf thing.

So am I right that I untick the boxes and just install the remainder as I don't want the raid options why should they be installed please

Giggle n' Bits 12:58 18 Sep 2005

confused by reading into too many 3rd party forums and by what via say.

I have Sata HDD with Via K8T890 & VT8237R chipset I am not using RAID and I am only using 1 SATA HDD.

WinXP is 32Bit not 64Bit.

The SATA Driver is already in place as this was done under windows at the F6 & S switch.

Should I install Via 4in1 4.56v ? or Pro 500A driver ? with omitting the Raid utility.

Stuartli 13:22 18 Sep 2005

If you do the Quick Install then only the drivers that are required will be installed.

You can also find information at:

click here

and

click here

Giggle n' Bits 13:36 18 Sep 2005

I am still confused, can someone just tell me if I should install the Via Hyperion Pro v500 or should I install the Via 4in1 v4.56 or is the Sata/Raid which is already intact is enough.

Stuartli 13:45 18 Sep 2005

This advice seems perfectly clear to me from the TweakGuides link:

A Recent VIA Motherboard with Windows XP Home/Pro:

Download and install the latest HyperionPro package. Note, recent motherboards include the KT4## series, P4X4## series and newer.

Also note, if you are not using SATA or RAID functionality, you can download and install the regular Hyperion drivers instead.

Giggle n' Bits 16:46 18 Sep 2005

the thing that puzzles me I went to download the Pro v500 package and it list's the part of the driver there are Raid utility & Raid monitor part of it.

Now, I can untick these to select Not to install them and install the remainder inf thingy.

Ok, I have finally installed it but not the Raid monitor. Thanks Stuartli sorry if I sound a little off.

Now for my next post ref Athlon 64 Venice 350+ driver or not driver to be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone