Which Dongle do I need?

1936 10:09 29 May 2009

I am currently using a Vodaphone 3G Data Card connected to my laptop to receive and send E-Mails when I go down to Blue Anchor in Somerset where I have a caravan. I spend about twenty weeks spread over the year there. I do not wish to use the Web. The 3G Data Card is expensive to use and the conection is poor.
I have just heard about the Dongle so can anyone recomend what would suit me and are they as suceptable to poor reception as a 3G Data Card because all the reviews I have seen appear to test in London.

User-1229748 01:48 30 May 2009

they are suceptable to poor reception yes because they use the mobile phone network,so where you get a poor mobile connection you will suffer the same with a dongle :o(

Forum Editor 09:52 30 May 2009

and have used it all over the UK and Europe quite successfully. As has already been pointed out, the connection uses the mobile network, so if phone signals are poor internet access will be flaky.

The up-side is that for a relatively small monthly contract payment you'll have unlimited internet access wherever there's a phone signal. Be wary of using one outside the UK, because you'll pay a roaming network charge, and internet access costs will mount up alarmingly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone