Which digital projector

Ankermi31 15:55 27 Oct 2009

I am about to purchase a digital projector but...

It will be used to show digital photographs as presentations more often than not. These will be more scenic than portrait (such as high mountains of Sikkim and also flora and fauna) so good definition will be important

These will be shown I think through the use of my Toshiba Satalite Laptop.

I am a little uncertain about what to "go for" as this will be my first projector.

It is not necessary to have one with a lot of "extras" just a bit more than basic will suit me fine.

Ankermi

ArrGee 10:33 02 Nov 2009

What is your budget? Prices can vary from around £300 to around £40,000!

click here

Chris the Ancient 10:59 02 Nov 2009

Ankermi

First, and foremost, I don't think that you will find a cheap solution! Most projectors have too low a resolution (800 x 600) for your type of photos to really project well. They are more suitable for PowerPoint presentations. (Set your laptop screen resolution to 800 x 600 and you'll see what I mean!

Look for the highest resolution that you can - probably 1024 x 768. Then, look at the cost of replacement bulbs - they are NOT cheap.

Dependent on the location, think hard about the output brightness (expressed in lumens) and the quoted contrast ratio. In a small semi-dark area, you'll get away with quite low values; but if you aim to be using it in a large, well-lit area, you'll need higher output and contrast.

Not a direst answer to your question, I agree, but it may given you guidance in the direction to go.

peter99co 21:04 02 Nov 2009

click here

Check this site

Ankermi31 09:09 09 Nov 2009

Thanks for your replies, am currently working through your links!

Will come back if require further guidance

Ankermi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017