Which cable do I need ?

  loser40 13:05 27 Oct 2009


I need a longer cable [around 5 to 7 meters] go from my telephone socket to my Sky router but I'm unsure which cable has the right connectors ???.

Info and a link would be much appreciated.



  rawprawn 13:46 27 Oct 2009

Unless your Sky router has any strange peculiarities
click here
To the best of my knowledge all routers just take a standard telephone connection.

  johndrew 13:47 27 Oct 2009

Have a look at these and choose a length click here. But remember the longer the wire the greater drop in sgnal and more `noise`.

  loser40 14:40 27 Oct 2009

Thats the cable I'm after, and that supplier have excellent prices too.

Thanks again,


  woodchip 15:37 27 Oct 2009

I use a Internal Extension about 100ft long on a 8meg TalkTalk Line 2 miles from Exchange and can get up to 7Meg

  woodchip 15:40 27 Oct 2009

I made my own Extension up using some multi wire Phone Cable so I separated them at the BT Wall socket only use one Filter as all Phones are on the separate line

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?