Which cable

  Bike-it 20:04 14 Nov 2010

I need a 15m cable that will plug into the back of a router and plug into my laptop, which cable do i need and what do you call it?

Sounds like an Ethernet cable.

  Bike-it 20:13 14 Nov 2010

Sounds like , or is

  Nontek 20:14 14 Nov 2010

Is ...

  Terry Brown 20:14 14 Nov 2010

If you are talking about a 'Wired' connection, it is a RJ45, available at most supermarkets and computer shops.

If you are talking about a Wireless system, which is usual for a laptop, you need a dongle (USB connection) see website click here.


  Bike-it 20:30 14 Nov 2010

A wired connection.
Is it RJ45 both ends of the cable?
Are you better to buy a good quality cable or does it not make any difference?

  Im a diddy 20:59 14 Nov 2010

both ends.something like this
click here

  robin_x 22:40 14 Nov 2010

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?