which cable?

  frankie64 14:42 10 Mar 2005

i need some advice on which cable to buy. i,m installing a wireless broadband router and need to know what type of cables i need to connect the router,pc and broadbad modem.

  spikeychris 21:16 10 Mar 2005

You will need a Straight through CAT 5 patch cable. Not a crossover cable. It will be know as any of the above cept X over.

  frankie64 23:08 10 Mar 2005

thanks mate

  frankie64 23:27 10 Mar 2005

sorry,if i used a x over cable would this affect my wireless router, need to know cos i,m having a few problems with it

  Chezdez 12:25 12 Mar 2005

no it wil not affect the wireless

just one final check, make sure the cable is TIA/EIA standard 568B (it will say that somewhere on the cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache