which browser to use with outlook express?

jimbob50 14:53 03 Aug 2008

At the moment i use IE 6 as was not keen on IE7, but have heard a lot about all these other internet browsers firefox etc, just wondered what would be the best to use with Outlook Express email?

many thanks

jack 15:30 03 Aug 2008

Firefors for ThunderBird

Each are a pair
but eithers works with the other.
Theonly think is you will get a nag saying
'This is not your regular browser do want to change.'

Logic says you should pair up IE-for OE
and FF for Thunderbird
for example

johndrew 15:35 03 Aug 2008

Given that OE is a separate program to your browser it really makes no difference which browser you use provided you are happy using it. I use Firefox as my browser and OE for my mail as I don`t like Mozillas` offering of Thunderbird. I`m certain there are as many combinations of browser and mail programs as there are programs.

If you do change your browser you will still need IE for updates and some site which don`t support other browsers. In Firefox you can overcome this by installing Add-ons like IE Tab and IE View which use the IE engine embedded in Firefox to open pages.

johndrew 15:46 03 Aug 2008

The only time you will get a `nag` is if your preferred browser is not the one you open and, as I said above, if you use Firefox with the Add-ons you are unlikely to ever need to use IE.

jimbob50 15:52 03 Aug 2008

cheers guys much appreciated going to try fire fox first for a while and see how it goes.

many thanks

brundle 16:32 03 Aug 2008

Personally I'd make the transition to Firefox & Thunderbird. Both are better than their equivalent Microsoft efforts.

lotvic 19:11 03 Aug 2008

I use Firefox as my browser and OE for my mail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?