Which Browser???

golfpro 09:11 13 Jul 2005

Over the last couple of years, I have tried both Opera and Firefox to replace I/E, mainly because I got disenchanted with I/Es performance (slowness, security, etc).
My last browser (Firefox) I stopped using at the start of this year because of a security scare (reported on this forum), and went back to I/E, but the same problems persist.
I am now changing back, but to which one, Opera or Firefox, and are both browsers compatible with my Net Banking site and Roboform, both of which I use regularly.
Your replies and experiences will help me enormously, thank you.

Diodorus Siculus 09:20 13 Jul 2005

Security issues are not a great problem for the majority of users - how many people use unpatched versions of IE and never even heard of windowsupdate. Go with the browser that works best for you and with which you are most comfortable. For me, that happens to be firefox, as it has been for some years.

I personally use Avant Browser and I have used it for over a year,it is fixed regularly with security updates so there is no problem at all.

click here

I also have Firefox installed, there shouldnt be any problem if you have the latest version, 1.04 ,
I also keep IE just in case, but as you say it is so slow.

golfpro 12:22 13 Jul 2005

I have gone back to Firefox, tried to install version 1.0.5 but it crashed when using RoboForm so I had to revert to 1.0,4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?