Which Broadband provider ??? Need Views.

Daveson 00:15 18 Oct 2004

HI all. I have been waiting ages for this. Finally BT are enabeling the exchange in Amleside on the 3rd Nov so i can finally get Broadband. I am currently with Wanadoo for my dial up connection. Do i stick with them or what ?

I play alot of games and will play online alot. I am looking for an unlimited connection. Has anyone got any personal references that i can investigate ?

I think that wanadoo do a 30gb monthly usage alowance but not an unlimited. Would this be enough for extensive online game play ?

Thanks for looking. Craig.

Daveson 00:18 18 Oct 2004

Also my the broadband will be connected to my laptop... is it a wireless pcmcia card that i need and a router to go wireless ??? i will be buying the router through the service provider that i choose as most of them have the router on offer but what pcmcia card do i need ? anyone got any links ? thanks.

Sailorbuoy 09:31 18 Oct 2004

Give Plusnet a try, cheapest ISP very good service. 1 Mb Broadband from £14.99 or choose your own limit.

MichelleC 09:36 18 Oct 2004

I've used 4 b/b providers and now I'm staying with Metronet click here You only pay for upload/download and a max of £23 pm, but my average is £14 pm. Plus their support is excellent.

Daveson 09:48 18 Oct 2004

Thanks for your comments. I will look into them both.

Graham ® 10:04 18 Oct 2004

I've just migrated to PlusNet 1MB for £14:99, monthly contract, 1GB per month. There's a small extra charge if the limit is exceeded, and you can easily monitor your usage.

Technical Support is a local phone call and you can see how many calls are in the queue.

You also get dial-up at local call rate if your broadband fails.

All in all, a very good package.

JayDay 10:21 18 Oct 2004

Migrated to Plusnet 2 months ago from Virgin. Very happy customer service is spot on. Reliability is very good. Would recommend without hesitation.

PsiFox 10:52 18 Oct 2004

I use NDO click here
Their tech support(if you need it) is excellent.

We use the soho package with guranteed uptime and have had no probs at all.

PsiFox

holly polly 11:01 18 Oct 2004

I use Zen ,was with AOL for around 18 months ,and did my head in the way it takes over your comp ,like a big nanny watching over you all the time ,since my migration to zen i have been very happy the connection is blazing fast and the service is spot on ,consistently no1 in the adsl guide
click here
Regards-Hol Pol...

Daveson 11:06 18 Oct 2004

wow, cheers all. Plenty to go on. I have also herd bad reviews of AOL, the packages sounds good, unlimited BBand but all the bunf that comes with it and the amount of resources that AOL takes up. I will stay clear of them. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?