Which is Best Spyware stopper?

prince midas 14:53 10 Aug 2007

I have been using SpywareDoctor but find it is now having trouble connecting & can take 30 minutes just to connect.

I have reinstalled it with no joy & I personally think the latest versions do slow my computor down.

Any suggestions for a better Spyware Remover appreciated.

Probabilitydrive 15:09 10 Aug 2007

spyware Doctor version 5 only takes about 3 seconds to connect and update on a 2Gb connection. Version 4 was considerably slower.

I suspect the culprit it not the anti-spyware program but your connection. Do other updates take also that long? How fast do web pages load on your system?

sunny staines 15:34 10 Aug 2007

to block spyware getting on in the first place I use
IObit AWC2
SPYBOT S&D
SPYWAREBLASTER
SPYWARE TERMINATER Ver 2

all have good blocking, but stuff will still get through so try "A squared" & "superantispyware" to scan and clean fix any problems.

birdface 15:50 10 Aug 2007

Hi,Maybe you have it running at start up,And it would take a while to scan your computer,If it's on a months trial and you don't like it then get rid of it.If it is paid for, Keep it and just run it every once and a while,You will probably find it is a Firewall problem,What anti-virus and Firewall do you have,I use A Squared,SpywareBlaster,Win Patrol. McAfee site Advisor,And Avg Anti-Virus.But I would like to have Spyware Doctor included.I always thought it was a great program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?