Which is best internet dialup download manager.

prince midas 11:57 23 Nov 2006

I wish to purchase a good dialup internet manager but am a little confused.
Flashget,Getright & IDM all appear to be good but which is the best for just a plain fast loader as claims of 500% increase are unobtainable on a 56 k connection which usually connects at 4.3

brundle 12:58 23 Nov 2006

The last free version of NetTransport works well, don't know if it's `the best`....click here

Belatucadrus 15:14 23 Nov 2006

click here Download Express, nice compact one.
click here Leechget, rather bigger but more features.

Stuartli 15:20 23 Nov 2006

I've always used FreshDownload for both dialup and broadband - freeware, absolutely no ads apart from the occasional e-mail about updates and its three other offerings. See:

click here

prince midas 17:32 23 Nov 2006

Thanks guys but what I really want to know is any one faster at downloading, as my dialup takes ages & a fast download manager would be appreciated.I am not bothered about other considerations as I can handle any future problems.

Belatucadrus 17:36 23 Nov 2006

Don't expect miracles from any download manager with regard to download times, the main use is to permit the download to be split and to be continued on separate sessions. Anybody expecting a download manager to cram a multi meg file into a few minutes over dial up is going to be severely disappointed.

Stuartli 18:06 23 Nov 2006

Try the IE tweak for more than two simultaneous downloads:

click here

Manual method:

click here

realist 19:11 23 Nov 2006

I'd recommend Star Downloader
click here

prince midas 10:44 24 Nov 2006

Thanks guys I think I have enough ideas to experiment with.

Stuartli 10:55 24 Nov 2006

Just to point out that the IE tweak is to speed up normal webpages etc downloading...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?