Which b.band supplier renews ip address?

buel 13:52 06 Feb 2009

Hi, please can anyone tell me which of the broadband suppliers out there give a different ip address everytime you log on/use it?
Thankyou!!

MAJ 13:53 06 Feb 2009

Most of them. It's called a Dynamic IP Address.

buel 13:55 06 Feb 2009

Well i believe orange and o2 don't, any others that do please? im after one that has a cheap unlimited download deal...

MAJ 14:05 06 Feb 2009

Talktalk and Tiscali, but I wouldn't recommend Tiscali to anyone, with Talktalk you need to take their phone package. I'm with TT and would recommend them.

Why is a dynamic IP Address important to you?

T I M B O 14:16 06 Feb 2009

Depending on where you are you can get some great download speeds nowerdays. Take a look here click here , But as MAJ said, TalkTalk & Tiscali are not recommended !!

buel 21:53 06 Feb 2009

I need a dynamic ip address as iv moved to a new house and unfortunately the person who lived here before me ruined his ebay here/on this landline so now i cant even start a new one without getting chucked off because of his damn mistakes!!

MAJ 22:37 06 Feb 2009

Each ISP will have a block of IP addresses that they use, as long as your ISP is not the same as the previous occupier, your IP address will be different from his.

DieSse 22:38 06 Feb 2009

A dynamic IP means simply that it isn't permanently fixed. The ISP may or may not change it at any time - you don't have any control over when or how often.

I'm sure ebay must have a procedure to cover your situation - talk to them about it.

buel 22:41 06 Feb 2009

Believe it or not mate, they dont(and believe me iv tried and tried...and tried!!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?