WHICH ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE?

Drusen 14:55 22 Nov 2006

Which AV software would you recommend?

I'm a home user.

I note that there's a Norton program specifically for home users, but there's also a Norton Internet Security Suite.

Do I need both?

Is there another make that you would recommend?

rawprawn 15:05 22 Nov 2006

F- Secure Security Suite 2007 (To pay for)
click here
Zone Alarm Firewall Free
click here
AVG 7.5 Anti Virus Free
wwwgrisoft.com

rawprawn 15:07 22 Nov 2006

Sorry
click here

birdface 15:08 22 Nov 2006

Norton Internet Security,Will cover Anti Virus and Firewall,Or you can Download AVG, which is free,If you are going for norton Shop Around Till you get it the cheapest,Just type Norton Internet Security into the address bar, Get it cheaper that way.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:08 22 Nov 2006

AVG free, any old firewall that is free and Windows Defender. There is no point whatsoever in home users paying for ANY security.

G

griffon 56 15:14 22 Nov 2006

Strongly endorse anything Gandalf says and particularly that. If you're paranoid run, AVG7.5, Zone Alarm, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, A-Squared Anti malware and Anti dialer, Spyware Blaster and Win Defender. It's all free, tip me if you don't know the web addresses, or Google 'em.

birdface 15:19 22 Nov 2006

Try click here or here same one, Different view,click here Cant see you getting it any cheaper,But know nothing about the website,

Drusen 15:20 22 Nov 2006

Thanks to all of you for your responses.

If you could let me have the web addresses of the programs you mentioned, griffon 56, I'd be grateful.

Drusen 15:23 22 Nov 2006

Which firewall would you recommend?

dazza39 15:52 22 Nov 2006

Hello

I would recommend Avast Antivirus,Windows Defender,Zone Alarm for Firewall.All do their job and work well.

Technotiger 16:03 22 Nov 2006

Hi, IMHO a better free firewall is at click here when you download/install the Free version you actually get the Full version for the first month, thereafter it reverts to the Free version unless you actually pay for it -but the free version is very good and easier to use than ZA. With Kerio there is no fiddly setting-up, it is all automatic. I liked it so much I bought the Full version anyway.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017