which anti-virus

eysha1 16:42 22 Jun 2014

I have super antispywear on my win 8 Toshiba laptop. What other FREE programs would you recommend my having for security? Thanks. E

john bunyan 17:35 22 Jun 2014

I can only say what I use: Anti Virus : Avira (Many others prefer Avast). Malware prevention: Spywareblaster. Malware scanning and removal: Malawarebytes and Superantispyware. Registry cleaner and general cleaner ; CCleaner. I use the Windows own Firewall. All are free - one has to keep them updated, but I have had no problems in a couple of years whereas a Bullguard suite let in a virus. I would steer clear of MS Security essentials as an antivirus. Avast, Avira and maybe AVG seem well regarded as freebies.

john bunyan 17:39 22 Jun 2014

PS Only one anti virus programme should be installed. The others are all OK as extras.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:02 22 Jun 2014

As JB above. that's a good set of protection

ADWcleaner is useful to clean browsers and Crytoprevent will help against ransomeware

Ex plorer 14:29 08 Jul 2014

I use Avast Internet security Pay a yearly fee of £19.99 also free super anti-spy ware, and Malwarebytes.

stevethetester 17:33 08 Jul 2014

if looking for free solution would recommend Qihoo 360 Internet Security.

if you want to splash out on a paid solution go for kaspersky 2015 (now available)

please check out : click here for independant reviews Hope this helps and good luck-Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017