Which all in one printer scanner do I need?

sarahg123 11:27 19 Aug 2010

Hi1 I have a dilema and am not sure there is a product out there that meets my needs. My husband works from home and needs an office printer for his IBM thinkpad laptop running windows XP and I need a CCD scanner to scan a lot of slides and negatives onto my PC running vista. My husband needs a wirelss connection. We have a small office with not much space so don't want anything too bulky. At present we have 2 seperate machines, but do not really have the space for them and using the scanner is very awkward as it is on a shelf and I cannot fully open the lid. Both our current printer and scanner are HP and about 10 -15 years old and on their last legs.
Can anyone advise on a single product that will do both? The scanner needs to be CCD rather than CIS.

gengiscant 13:05 19 Aug 2010

Something like this perhaps click here

gengiscant 13:10 19 Aug 2010

Or rather more expensive click here

johndrew 11:47 20 Aug 2010

An important consideration of 'all-in-one' machines is that if one part fails you lose the lot as to repair/replace it is all rather than the function affected.

I understand your argument about space - I have a similar problem - but printers and scanner have both got smaller over the years and as a result may still be worthy of considering separate units.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?