Where's the S video pin on Panasonic's Camcorder?

mad-friend 19:30 10 Oct 2005

Please can anyone tell me - who has a Panasonic Camcorder- if they have found the S video socket/link? Jessops tell me there isn't one on the Panasonic GS75 model yet all the info I've read shows there should be one. I want to record straight of tape onto DVD and my DVD has no firewire, so I want a good camcorder that has S video.

sattman 19:53 10 Oct 2005

I am not sure where it will be on your camcorder, I have the NV-DS38 where it is hidden behind a pull open rubber style case cover on the right hand side as you would use the camera just behind the lens. it is fairly well disguised.

This cover protects 6 utilities, Edit, D.Still
picture, AV In/Out Phones, S-Video In/Out, Mic, and DV.

mad-friend 08:52 11 Oct 2005

thankyou Sattman for replying. I haven't bought the GS75 because the salesman told me that model didn't have S video link/socket. I'm not computer literate and everyone I've spoken to has told me it is really hard to edit videos through a computer. Hence the reason for wanting to record straight onto disc.

IPA 14:22 11 Oct 2005

click here .Is this the one?

mad-friend 10:55 12 Oct 2005

Thankyou IPA for replying to my enquiry, yes it is the one. I've checked it out and it does say it has the S video link (out). I'd best see that saleman again and find out why he can't locate it.

sattman 11:09 12 Oct 2005

I am by know way an expert on this but I recall when I was looking for a camera the ideal option for full editing was to have both DV in and DV out.

Fellsider 14:17 12 Oct 2005

Why not e-mail Panasonic and ask them?

mad-friend 14:34 12 Oct 2005

Hi to sattman and Fellsider.
The NV-GS75 camcorder model has both DV in and DV out, also ilink. I would be able to use all these at some future point when I update my 10 month old Phillip DVD recorder or learn enough to be able to edit via my PC. But for now my best option is to have the S video 5 pin link to use with my DVD.

I have used IPA's link and contacted Panasonic. I am awaiting a reply. I have also contacted an indepentdant supplier - Internetdirect - for confirmation about the S link facility and am awaiting a reply to that too.
Thankyou both of you for helping me, its much appreciated.

DieSse 15:40 12 Oct 2005

I downloaded a pdf of the manual - unfortunately in Czeck or similar - but the manual showed where the S-VHS connector was - which I would have thought was easy to find if you also have the camera in front of you.

DieSse 15:41 12 Oct 2005

PS - It's an Output only - not an Input.

mad-friend 18:27 12 Oct 2005

Hi DieSse,
I linked onto the site IPA gave me and downloaded the specs sheet for the NV-GS75, which shows it has S video out. As the salesman in Jessops couldn't locate the 5 pin on the camcorder I have to assume a cable with ilink would link to the S video in my DVD. It is only a guess and until Panasonic and the Internetdirect company reply to my query I won't know for certain.
Thanks though for replying to my question, DieSse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?