Where's my mic icon gone?

tarren 15:40 19 Jan 2007

Hi,

I have lost my sound icon from my task bar.
Going into "sound and audio properties" hasn't helped, the option to place volume control in the task bar is greyed out.

Your advise would be gratefully received.

SLAYER 18:54 19 Jan 2007

Try this;
Go to control panel, double click add/remove programs,
when the program comes up on screen, click on windows setup, scroll down to multimedia, highlight multimedia and click on details, make sure the volume control option is checked, click OK, OK and after you get back to your desktop, restart your computer. then see if the volume control option in sounds is working now, if it is click on show volume control on task bar. You may have to restart the computer again to make it show up.
Hope this helps.

tarren 15:03 20 Jan 2007

Hi Slayer,
Went into windows setup but no "multimedia" to highlight I'm afraid, looked at all the "detail" options but nothing to assist me there.
I run XPSP2, if that makes any difference.
Thank you for your response.

The Old Mod 15:15 20 Jan 2007

Hi, in the control panel look for an icon ( Sounds and Audio Devices), double click on it and make sure there is a tick in the box for... Place Volume Icon in the Task Bar.
Hope this helps.

tarren 19:42 20 Jan 2007

Hi fellas,

Because I did a SR, the icon is now back in situ. Is there a difference between single and double clicking? I had been single clicking the (sound and audio device.)

Thank you both for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?