Where's me progress bar gone???

AngeTheHippy 11:07 10 Aug 2003

Hi all, I THINK it's called the progress bar - the bar that runs at the bottom of I.E. (v. 6 in this case..), little green squares when page loading? it's gone!! Don't know where, or when - I noticed it yesterday. I've looked on the MS site but can't find anything connected with progress bar that's relevant. I LIKED that bar... anyone know how I can get it back? One thing has crossed my mind .... would the latest lot of MS updates have something to do with it?

AngeTheHippy
x

Tim1964 11:08 10 Aug 2003

It's the STATUS bar you're after.

Click on VIEW > STATUS BAR.

john-232317 11:13 10 Aug 2003

How come you have got little green squares, all i have is a blue box filling from the left ?

AngeTheHippy 11:14 10 Aug 2003

You're a star! Thanks, works fine now. I'm not sure HOW it became unticked ... let's blame the weather - everyone else does when something goes wrong. 8-D

AngeTheHippy in Sunny,Hot,Uncomfortable,Polluted west London

Patr100 11:16 10 Aug 2003

There's a bug in IE6 on XP where it keeps disappearing. All Microsoft can recommednd is that you keep ticking the option to re activate, which isn't much help. There is a possible fix that has been suggested here involving folder options but I can't find the thread at the moment.

AngeTheHippy 11:17 10 Aug 2003

don't wanna upset you, but my boxes are now orange - since I went into control panel/display/appearance.....

john-232317 13:19 10 Aug 2003

Nice to hear your getting some of our Spanish weather in Notting hill ?

I might change my colour later, i didnt realise you could change status bar colour.. ;-)

VoG II 13:48 10 Aug 2003

Disappearing status bar click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?