WHERE IS TAFF?

parkhead 21:38 05 Feb 2007

Hi Taff,

Please see below the line. Thanks for your reply which I find remarkable. I had no idea that saving directly onto the desktop would slow everything down and yet my computer has been running slow for ages. I've cleared it for viruses and everything else. Do I need to do anything to recover the situation or will it improve if I simply stop saving onto the desktop?

Thanks for your help.

Parkhead

I always want to save my documents, photographs, etc. to my desktop but whenever I save it always goes to My Documents. Is there a way to set things so that when I go to Save As it always goes to Desktop at the top of the menu.

Hope this makes sense.

skidzy
Sun, 04/02/[email protected]:31

When saving you should have the SAVE AS box on your screen,where it says Documents...click the little arrow and you will be given more options,Desktop should be one of those.

Taff™
Mon, 05/02/[email protected]:48

Saving to the Desktop will have adverse effects to the performance of your computer - slow startup and slow responses in general use. Why don`t you simply create a folder in My Documents called My Downloads instead?

Using skidzy`s suggestion it is only a few clicks to put them in the correct folders. (My Pictures, My Documents etc)

skidzy 23:04 05 Feb 2007

please keep all post to one thread to reduce confusion.

Previous thread:
click here

parkhead 23:09 05 Feb 2007

Sorry, Skidzy - I'm new to this game but I understand now what you mean.

Kind regards,

Parkhead

Totally-braindead 23:10 05 Feb 2007

skidzy thanks for the link as that made no sense to me whatsoever.
parkhead please tick this as resolved and continue on your other thread as skidzy suggested with your query.

Forum Editor 23:11 05 Feb 2007

or start a second thread on the same topic as one which is already running.

I'm going to lock this thread now, so all further discussion can take place in the orginal - linked to by skidzy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?