where is my 8Meg bb?

tAtu*! 18:48 30 Jan 2007

I have just recently upgraded my BT broadband package. I was previously on 2meg down load speed and have now increased it to the 8Meg deal. My line will support the 8Meg apparently.

I have had 8 Meg since 17-01-07 and got a voice text to say that on the 22nd of jan i will start to experiance my 8 meg download speed!

so far i am lucky if i am at 1 meg!! been on click here and its says my connection is 88kbs per seconds, my bt hub states my speed is 1.0 Mbps !!!

what can i do about this! i have spoke to the call centre which is based in India and they cannot understand my problem! i have rang 3 times to explain my problem and they dont have a clue

can anyone advise me what to do???

thanks in advance

skidzy 18:54 30 Jan 2007

So many problems trying to achieve 8MB broadband tAtu*!,you are not alone im sure.
However,did BT advise if you need a high speed driver for your modem ? in some cases,it is needed.

If you post the make/model of your modem,we can look around for a high speed driver if one exists.

tAtu*! 18:59 30 Jan 2007

thanks

no, they are going through troubleshooting my network connection and one advisor put me through to order tracking department!!!

i have the wireless bt home hub.

thanks

skidzy 19:01 30 Jan 2007

We need the model/make of the modem tAtu*! please.

paddy75 19:11 30 Jan 2007

tAtu*!,i have been on BT 8meg service 8 months now and have never got over 3.5 meg Paddy

5starred 19:17 30 Jan 2007

Always read the small print - up to 8 meg in some areas

They offered me it then a few days later I got a letter saying that I could only actually get 2.5.

tAtu*! 19:22 30 Jan 2007

cant find the make or model?

only info i have is its the BT Home Hub (without the phone)

sorry

anyhelp you can provide helps....sorry i cant find the info

Ho-Lin-Sok 20:03 30 Jan 2007

Use this to speedtest as yours says mine is only 0.6Meg
click here

Ho-Lin-Sok 20:06 30 Jan 2007

You may need to tweak your settings, this may help
click here

cocteau48 20:10 30 Jan 2007

One thing to check out before you start chasing the elusive 8 meg is just how far you are from the exchange;
click here
I an 1.89km "as the crow flies",so it is obviously a lot more than that in line distance , and I am lucky to break 3.5meg even at the quietest times.

Rossi#1 20:19 30 Jan 2007

Bt advertise " up to 8meg" here in St Andrews but after a lengthy call this morning Ive learned our line is only capable of 2meg.
Download speeds are currently 55Kb/s and theyve now admitted its faulty!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone