Where is MSGTAG?

Onizuka 16:16 02 Mar 2011

In September 2009 a forum member, bretsky, posted a thread entitled “To ALL that use MSGTAG – serious server outage” and I posted a comment.

Recently, the MSGTAG server appeared to have gone down temporarily again and I searched first the Helproom then all the forums for MSGTAG in case anyone had any information about this latest apparent outage. To my great surprise I got the message “Your search returned no results”.

Bretsky’s original post and my comment are still in My Postings and I seem to remember that there were a number of threads in the Helproom relating to MSGTAG a couple of years ago. So can someone please explain why a search in all the forums for MSGTAG now returns no results?

birdface 16:22 02 Mar 2011
  birdface 16:25 02 Mar 2011

It looks like it is working ok.
put the web address in here.

click here

Onizuka 16:26 02 Mar 2011

Thank you buteman but that is the same post that is in My Postings.

birdface 16:28 02 Mar 2011

I think you can only go back so far on the forum search now since they updated PCA within the last year or so.

Onizuka 16:30 02 Mar 2011

I obviously have not explained myself clearly. It's not MSGTAG's website that I can't find. It's any reference to MSGTAG when I search for it in all of PC Advisor's forums.

Onizuka 16:35 02 Mar 2011

I'm afraid I shall have to log out now but will check this again tomorrow. Perhaps the Forum Editor can say if there is a cut-off point. I wouldn't have thought that it would be less than 18 months.

March Hare 17:25 02 Mar 2011

I ran out of patience with MSTAG's problems some time ago.

Now I use Spypig (Google it). Very different from MSTAG but works well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?