Where have my photos gone?

hutchk1 17:50 14 Aug 2007

Please Please Help Me?

Hi all. Firstly, I would like to apologise if I have posted this thread in the wrong place. It is my first time on here and I am not that au fait with how this all works.

I would like some advice please, I recently decided to transfer my photos from my hard drive on to a disk as my computer was getting overloaded with photos. I transferred them directly on to the disk and it came up with a message saying files waiting to be written to cd. I pressed the button to transfer them and it seemed to transfer them. The D Drive then stopped working (D: not responding) I tried to end the task but it wouldn't respond. I then opened the D: and took the disk out and everything seemed to return to normal.

When I then put the disk back in, it had all the titles of each file on the disk but each file was empty. The photos were also gone from the hard drive because I had transferred them directly on to the disk. Is there any way I can recover these photo? I did a sweep of the hard drive and the files can not be located. Because I didn't actually delete these photo files but simply transferred them, am I able to recover them using a recovery program. Please help if you can, these files were of all my holidays that I have been on over the last few years.

Thanks in advance

VoG II 17:52 14 Aug 2007

Try running Drive Rescue click here

Preferably run it from a different drive such as a floppy or pen drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?