where has my msn hotmail gone

sype 19:53 20 Sep 2004

when i usuall sign into windows messenger and click on email it took me to my hotmail account. now it takes me to my microsoft outlook account. What has happened and how do i get my hotmail back

TomG 20:09 20 Sep 2004

Its a new security feature in sp2 - you can no longer use windows messenger for email - you have to use msn messanger

Meshuga 20:44 20 Sep 2004

I use win messenger an clicking on email has always taken me to my outlook express window. I have just checked it and it still does. I have xphome+sp2. Regards, Meshuga.

TomG 20:23 21 Sep 2004

Windows messenger was, I believe, designed for networks and it has in the past been used to access hotmail.

But Microsoft seem now to have blocked windows messengers ability to access hotmail and if you click on inbox it will take you to either outlook or outlook express whichever is your default email program.

So if you want to access hotmail and do not want to use Internet explorer (or setup Outlook or outlook express to receive hotmail messages) you have to download MSN Messenger (it looks and acts the same as Windows messenger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?