Where has my mouse gone

brad1946 11:31 06 Mar 2008

Hi
I bought a Mesh Elite Multimedia Home desktop computer with Vista home premium, from ideal world late last year, and as these are developed specially for ideal world, it has a special serial number to those of them that you buy direct from Mesh.
Over several months it seem to have developed a problem with the mouse, the mouse & keyboard came with this computer, which they are both Logitech cordless and run off the USB transmitter only and does not have any mains AC power source as both run off batteries.
The mouse is an RX650 optical mouse, And my main issue is that when the computer is either left idle or after a game, the mouse pointer seems to disappear within a certain area of the screen, which it disappear from the top left-hand side too either way to the centre of the screen, I can use the mouse on the right-hand side and bottom areas.
I tried everything, put new batteries in, and as these products uses windows software I tried to re-install them, I have tried to find a driver software for the mouse & keyboard but only can find one, I have downloaded vista set point software, And nothing seems to solve the problem, I even tried plug in a mouse that goes direct into the USB port but still with no success.
Only thing I can do is to restart the computer as if I try to click on any tasks, they seem to be on the left side so i cannot close them,
The desktop icons are still visible on screen, but cannot click on them if the mouse disappears.
When the mouse goes wrong then it affects the Keyboard, some keys will not function.
I telephone Mesh Computers up, but they cannot give me any explanation for this, only thing that I could get out of them was to download the graphic card driver, which I did that did not solve the problem, or they could change the mouse which I don’t think that would solve it as I use a direct USB mouse.
Do you have any ideas on what is causing this problem, only thing I can think of is either the computer or monitor, I have been using computers for a very long time now and I have not come across these problems with any mouse & keyboards that I have had.
L Bradbury

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?