Where has all the mail gone?

Glyn-252301 19:35 05 Jan 2004

Is it just me or is this happening to others. Ok I hate spam as it clogs the inbox but when spam became illegal it dropped from 15 to 30 a day to 2 or 3 and yes I am happy about that. In the last week spam has stopped completely for the first time in 5 years. I use hotmail as I am with btbroadband and they do not supply an email service that can be accessed by OE. So is this nation wide or am I losing some genuine mail?
Regards G.

bamfiesler 19:52 05 Jan 2004

I've noticed that, too. My mail is on pop3, but I also have hotmail. Got a message notification today, went and got it, and also notice that the junkmail folder was down from 47 to 6.. first time in years! mayber there's a new junkfilter on the go?

Glyn-252301 19:58 05 Jan 2004

I wondered about the filter myself, thing is I allways get some personal mail over a 2 day period but have had nothing for days now. If there is a new filter I hope that it is not stopping genuine mail. Thanks for your response bamfiesler. Regards G.

Glyn-252301 20:04 05 Jan 2004

I received the PC Advisor notification email so mail is getting through. Regards G.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?