Where to find AVG free 7.5?

Dalglish2 18:34 12 Mar 2009

Hi
A problem upgrading to AVG 8.5 means I need to re-install AVG 7.5.
I did not make a restore point (lesson) and my next available restore point is over a month ago which will undo a lot of housekeeping on my PC.
I need then the archive for the AVG 7.5 - help please

Sam

Picklefactory 18:39 12 Mar 2009

click here

Any use?

Picklefactory 18:41 12 Mar 2009

Or maybe here too

click here

skidzy 19:34 12 Mar 2009

Take your pick click here but should be aware the definitions will be outdated.

Dalglish2 08:59 13 Mar 2009

thanks all - sorted!

Sam

Dalglish2 09:00 13 Mar 2009

resolved

natdoor 20:12 13 Mar 2009

I note that you have posted that your query is resolved. If you tick the resolved box and send there will be a green tick against your post showing it is resolved.

It should be noted that AVG have indicated several times that they would be ceasing to update 7.5 on dates which have now passed. Some dates in the near future have also been mentioned, for example click here so it may be wise to download an alternative, such as Avast click here, ready to install if 7.5 becomes unsupported.

Noels 08:04 14 Mar 2009

AVG have just in the last few days released AVG 8 Free and AVG 8.5 as upgrades. I know of several people including myself who have had problems upgrading to the latest version.It took me 4 attempts to upgrade to 8.5. I believe the problem is due to the large number of people trying to upgrade as the same time. My advice would be to keep trying. Just go into Google enter AVG 8 and download from there.It may still take several attempts but keep trying. You know what they say "If at first you don't succeed keep trying"
Regards
Noels

anchor 08:15 14 Mar 2009

I have just received a message that all updates for AVG 7.5 free will stop on March 18th 2009.

I went back to 7.5 because of problems I experienced with version 8. From posts in this forum over the last months, it seems that others also had problems with the newer versions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache