Where does this Dell page come from?

pj123 13:00 09 Jun 2007

Whenever I log in to the Forum now I get a page (unseen, until I come out of the Forum) from Dell at URL img.mediaplex. com

What is it? Can I stop it?

I only know it's there when I come back to my Homepage, it then shows as a window in the middle of the monitor. I now realise that it is also shown in the Status Bar, so I just maximise it and close it.

Technotiger 13:57 09 Jun 2007

Have you tried running Add-Aware?

Technotiger 13:57 09 Jun 2007

that should be Ad-Aware.

Stuartli 14:10 09 Jun 2007

Apparently it's a ad trying to load up - run Search and Destroy, SUPERAntiSpyware or, as Technotiger suggests, Ad-Aware.

pj123 14:31 09 Jun 2007

I do run Adaware, Spybot S&D and Spywareblaster. Also have AVG and Comodo running.

Doesn't make any difference. I know it's an ad and just shut it down whenever it appears.

I do a complete cleanup and defrag once a week on a Sunday, using CCleaner, Iobit Windows Advanced Care and Iobit SmartDefrag.

VoG II 14:39 09 Jun 2007

Use a hosts file click here

pj123 15:01 09 Jun 2007

Should have said it only appears when I am on the PCA Forum pages. Not any other website.

Does that mean some sort of agreement between PCA and Dell?

lotvic 21:38 09 Jun 2007

To stop 'pop-unders and pop-ups' try the solutions on click here they cover most of the browsers in use, full instructions are given.

pj123 16:52 10 Jun 2007

Thanks Guys. Hopefully fixed now. I tried both VoG™ and lotvic suggestions.

aven't seen it since. Have also logged in and out a few time on the PCA Forum.

Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?