Where do you find squared symbol?

  Duncanf 09:18 01 Dec 2006

I'm doing a worksheet for maths and would like to insert the 'squared' sign and 'cubed' sign. Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and what is needed to be done? Thanks in anticipation.

  oldbeefer2 09:23 01 Dec 2006

If you are in Word, it's Insert / Symbol - find the one you want and apply.

  Dirty Dick 09:25 01 Dec 2006

If you are working in Word, set your font to superscript in FORMAT > FONT. If ypu need to do chemical symbols, set your font to subscript in FORMAT > FONT>.

  Duncanf 09:32 01 Dec 2006

Thanks oldbeefer2 and Dirty Dick for your prompt replies. Superscript has done the job!

  oldbeefer2 09:35 01 Dec 2006

Duncanf. nb that you can allocate shortcut keys in word which will save a lot of time if you need to insert these symbols frequently.

  Carpigiani 09:36 01 Dec 2006

Shortcuts to ² & ³ symbols can be done by holding down thw 'Alt' key and using the number pad on the keyboard.

Squared is Alt 0178

Cubed is Alt 0179

  Picklefactory 09:52 01 Dec 2006

Hopefully not hijacking, but is there somewhere a list of those shortcuts, I've never seen those before and they will be very useful. Especially looking for a similar way of inserting degrees symbol 'cept I use Excel more than Word but those 2 you published also work in Excel.

  Carpigiani 10:33 01 Dec 2006

Try Alt 0186 for degrees

You can create your own shortcut keys
In Word go to Insert/Symbol/Shortcut Key to set your own.

  Wak 12:03 01 Dec 2006

In some Windows systems you may also be able to go to Start/ Accessories/ System Tools/ Character Map.
Select required Font and choose the required character.
ALT keystrokes are shown for individual characters.

  bluto1 20:09 01 Dec 2006


  VoG II 20:11 01 Dec 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?