where do i go to find what scanner is in use

blackmountainbabe 17:15 05 Feb 2005

im sitting here actually before i type.thinking to myself what way can i explain this..cannot find twain for scanner, and tryed everything, uninstall, reinstall, went to epson site to download driver, didnt work, but was sitting looking around on the comp and somewhere i seen, ours is epson scanner RX600, but..i seen Epson but on other side, it wasnt set at epson RX600, it was set at something esle. tried to change the setting but wouldnt let me...where did i see this on the comp, just by chance i came across it? windows xp..ty

john-232317 17:25 05 Feb 2005

Control panel, scanners and cameras.

jakimo 17:26 05 Feb 2005

"just by chance I came across it?"

does this mean you have or you haven't found your scanner,and are you still seeking help?

blackmountainbabe 17:35 05 Feb 2005

i did find it and went to change the settings to epson RX600 and clicked think it was update..but wouldnt change the setting..actually it was on a friends comp, think that where the problems lies that we cant get the twain driver for epson RX600, also in device manager, CDROM,double click CDROM and there it says example, SAMSUNG DVD ROM, instead off it saying this device is working properly, it says its not and go to update click on that and wont let me update either..its just i cant get the twain for the scanner , printer working and copier but scanner wont..

blackmountainbabe 17:37 05 Feb 2005

sorry think it would update but it didnt..at start off that sentence i typed there

blackmountainbabe 17:52 05 Feb 2005

plus i couldnt remember where i went but u mention it camera,s and scanners..

john-232317 09:56 06 Feb 2005

Sometimes you have to install the software before you plug the device into the PC.

Unplug it, unistall it,load software then plug it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?