where do I find the dvd/cd serial number?

grandmat 17:59 12 Nov 2010

I have bought a refurb laptop - which is fine, but the dvd/cd is making a noise and I want to buy another one, but dont know where to find the serial number so that I get the correct model

download and install SIW (System Information for Windows) Run it on your laptop and scroll down to Devices - there you'll see the exact model of your DVD/CD player listed.

click here

download and install SIW (System Information for Windows) Run it on your laptop and scroll down to Devices - there you'll see the exact model of your DVD/CD player listed.

click here

Actually, you don't need to install the program, just download it to your desktop, It is a standalone program which operates just by clicking on it on your desktop

Actually, you don't need to install the program, just download it to your desktop, It is a standalone program which operates just by clicking on it on your desktop

BTW, the DVD player on my laptop is also guilty of making some mechanical noises at times.

BRYNIT 22:36 12 Nov 2010

Buying a new DVD/CD player for your laptop may not solve your problem.
The noise you are hearing could be just the drive spining up trying to read the DVD/CD disk.

spuds 11:50 14 Nov 2010

If you have just bought the refurbished laptop, could you not ask the seller about the problem?.

grandmat 07:36 15 Nov 2010

Have asked the seller - not a lot of joy from them

grandmat 07:37 15 Nov 2010

Will download programme as recommended.
Many thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone