Where do I copy a setup file onto a hard disk?

Triprajul 18:21 06 Nov 2010

Greetings:

As I wrote earlier, VLC media player crashed on one computer and I can’t download it again to that computer. Each download attempt fails. However, I did download the setup file onto to another computer and I have the VLC setup file saved onto my external portable drive. I know I should copy this program to the hard drive of my computer without VLC MP but what exactly does this mean? Could I or should I right click on the START button and click on EXPLORE. Next, should I copy and paste the VLC setup file to the folder called Program Files or take a different approach? Any advice given in this matter is greatly appreciated.

T0SH 18:33 06 Nov 2010

Plug in your external drive to the PC you want to install VLC on open the external drive to show contents then double click on the VLC file you downloaded and let it proceed with the install no need to copy it anywhere

Cheers HC

lotvic 00:10 07 Nov 2010

I have made my own Folder in My Documents called 'Programs I Downloaded' and I put all program setup.exe's in there then they are always available for me to install/reinstall from there or copy to usb drive if I want one of them for another pc.

Each program has it's own folder with appropriate name and contains the setup.exe and any additional notes I've made in notepad with product key etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires