Where did they go? - the images that is

jack 08:22 03 Apr 2009

When making scans- I do so normally through my image editor - quite painless.
On this occasion however I used the Epson scan maker [ No image editor fired up]
Made two scans and waited for the Epson software to deliver- which it does -eventually - very slow.
On this occasion I had to leave the machine to it whilst I went elsewhere.
Came back- hours later no sign of images in desktop, No sign of images in designated folder,
No sign of images in Windoze default- My Docs/My pictures.
Any ideas where they might lurk any one?

eedcam 08:26 03 Apr 2009

Does it usually Scan and save automatically?have you tried search >pictures>and the relevant created date

hssutton 08:37 03 Apr 2009

My Canon automatically sends scanned "Docs" & pictures to a dedicated folder in "My Pictures", unless I tell it otherwise.

Must admit my first scanned files appeared to disappear into thin air:)

interzone55 08:50 03 Apr 2009

I think they'll be in either My Pictures if using XP, or user/pictures if using Vista - that's were my Epson V100 sends scans if you press the scan button...

BT 08:59 03 Apr 2009

My Microtek scanner automatically makes a folder on the desktop the first time its used called My Images.

jack 09:18 03 Apr 2009

I made those scans yesterday afternoon- then went away.
Last evening no sign as reported above - got on with other stuff - looking here and Thunderbird and put machine in the Hibernate for the night.
Fired up this morning- to Thunderbird- dealt with that lot. Came here wrote this piece.
Came to desk top to fire up image editor[PSP12] to start over- there patiently waiting was the Epson page asking -NEXT- hit it. and got on with wallpapering - two pieces up - came back - its gorn again.
Oh well after the next piece I'll start over with PSP
it knows what to do.

jack 20:08 03 Apr 2009

Though it had a couple of 'Not responding' sessions in the process- perhaps getting near the time to reformat and start over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?