Where can I get mice alteratives for disabilitys?

Jwbjnwolf 17:40 29 Jan 2011

My sister needs something like these
click here
as cannot use normal mice.
I know that places like inclusive technology and other shops/mags for disibilitys do them but my mum was wondering if places like Pc world would do them

MAT ALAN 17:52 29 Jan 2011

click here

seems to be a good range here...

PCWorld are more likely to have just a general range of products, i would be tempted to stay with somewhere that is more dedicated...

northumbria61 17:55 29 Jan 2011

An alternative would be a "Cirque Glidepoint Easy Cat" where you move your finger and not the mouse see here - click here Or there are plenty of others to look at on the site click here
Maybe a "trackerball" would be an alternative.

Jwbjnwolf 18:15 29 Jan 2011

think of how much your little child may do when you turn away, one second everything is fine the next second, viruses have blown the pc up. that is how mischievous my sister would be. She needs something that will enable her only to do what the activity is. She would be much more dangerous with a touchpad as she would be with a mouse if we were not careful.

MAT ALAN
so high street shops wouldn't then?

northumbria61 18:24 29 Jan 2011

jwarn - I do take your point but with very little information supplied about your sister's disability - ie: "she cannot use normal mice" I thought the site I gave you the LINK to had numerous choices to suit all uses.

hastelloy 19:11 29 Jan 2011

Contact Abilitynet click here. They have people who will assess disabled peoples' needs and can provide equipment on loan so you can try before you buy - some of this stuff is very expensive.

hastelloy 18:09 09 Feb 2011

How did you get on?

Jwbjnwolf 15:55 10 Feb 2011

have not heard anything yet on what the plan is gonna be.
I will close the thread now and respond when have got one

Jwbjnwolf 16:54 12 Feb 2011

We have bought an Apple all-in-one iMac which is MINE and will be in MY room, and when i get used to the complete different operating system, will try and teach my sister how to use that as the mouse is a lot simpler and don't matter where you click.

Hope it will work.

I sure have made good out of my money 1,400 pounds(the price it cost)

hastelloy 17:49 12 Feb 2011

You should have tried Abilitynet first - IMHO you have made a very expensive mistake, unless your motivation was to get a good machine for yourself!! If your sister can't use a standard mouse, I think she'll struggle with this one one will still need an alternative. As you don't say what her impairment is it is difficult to know but Abilitynet would have helped you make a sensible, reasonably priced decision.

Jwbjnwolf 17:54 12 Feb 2011

I have always wanted a imac so now that had money to spare, spent it on that
happy Valentines to me
:)
I will teach my sister as it may be more straight forward for her that windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?