Where can I get another CD-ROM from?

  TommyRed 21:00 05 Apr 2003

My PC was given to me second hand without any CD-ROMs or manuals, the person who gave it to me is no longer on the scene (divorce) so I can't ask for them. Can another CD-ROM be used or a copy of one? My OS is 98SE.

  MAJ 21:06 05 Apr 2003

If you mean the driver CD-ROMs, TommyRed, you can download all your drivers from the internet. If you mean the Win98 CD, you'll probably have to buy a new one.

  jason-240879 21:16 05 Apr 2003

If it is all the cd's for your pc that came woth it then you can get all your drivers, whats on the CD, then you can have them from the internet, as MAJ said, search on Google, and driverguide.com ...you will want to see what ones are needed, use a program called Belarc Advisor, search on google and download it, tells you video name etc what you should search to download, then put on a cd or on another partition. As for your programs like office and Win 98 it is illegal to have a copied version so you will need to find a new one which is hard nowadays but you can get it for £75 from the internet click here

  TommyRed 09:18 06 Apr 2003

I already have Belarc Advisor but can't tell from it which drivers I'd need. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

  howard60 12:46 06 Apr 2003

you can download any drivers that you need. As for your progs if they were legal when put on you would only need them again if your pc dies. If you do not need them now it would be useful to know where to get them from if you need them but it may well be that you decide to get a new pc either then or before it dies and then you would get new so no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?