Where to buy and which is best for my specs

Whitewing 17:40 04 Mar 2007

Hi I need to buy a new pc but overloaded with info need someome to give me straightforward feedback. As a photographer I use adobe photoshop layers usually about 10. Not interested in all this game stuff but will still need large memory suggestions? also what graphics card would be most affective. Other requirements, Vista Home Premium included,Intel Core 2 Duo e67oo, dual dvd burner, able to watch freeview or other TV, reliability of PC, good aftersales service and warranty. Friends have recommended John Lewis and I did take a look but their limited to HP, Fujitsu Siemens, and Apple.
Other PCs Toshiba, Novatech, Medion, Zoostorm, Evesham and Mesh but not sure their aftersales are up to much. Can spend up to £900. Can anyone help me please!!!!

skidzy 17:45 04 Mar 2007

Best thing i could advise is to speak to Novatech click here and explain to them your requirements and the will custom build your new pc.
There are so many systems out there to do what you require.
Maybe even Dell and create your own machine.
Just pick a system and customise through the process.

Technotiger 17:50 04 Mar 2007

I was about to suggest Novatech, but skidzy beat me to it. They are a very good firm - in my local vicinity, their salesroom & workshop are much cleaner than many hospitals.

skidzy 19:18 05 Mar 2007

Via Email...................

Date: Mon, 05/03/2007 | 19:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the an Independant store I can buy the PC from in East Croydon. Thanks for your response Gemma

Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi re Novatech

Please keep all posts and responses to your thread whitewing,the yellow envelope is really for invites only.

While you post here,you will receive a lot more ideas and recommendations.

Any questions,please in the below message box and post response.

You could try and contact them click here im sure you will be impressed with there service.

Whitewing 19:19 05 Mar 2007

Novatech seems to come out on top but re worried about aftersales service is there an independent store in East Croydon or London based where I can buy. I am hopeless at tech problems if something goes wrong we can't all be good at everthing. As said in previous mail use adobe photoshop. Anyone out there that is into images and can help that has exhibitions as me. Please help fellow photographers.
Thanks Gemma

skidzy 19:37 05 Mar 2007

Looks like they are based near Portsmouth,however im unsure if they have other outlets Gemma click here

I think ringing them is your best bet.I do know Novatech has a glowing reputation,especially on here (PCA) and from my experience,brilliant sales service and spot on delivery time.

Technotiger 19:47 05 Mar 2007

Novatech are based at Fareham, near Portsmouth. I live nearby and have been in their showroom/sales department on several occasions - excellent service, and their premises are cleaner than most hospitals.

click here

Whitewing 20:42 05 Mar 2007

Will follow your advice its just such a minefield
Gemma

Technotiger 20:46 05 Mar 2007

OK - and don't worry, Novatech will guide you through the minefield.

Cheers and Good Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?