Where to buy a good value for money Laptop?

Mad Boy 13:45 16 Feb 2003

im just looking for something cheap, but not nasty. Most Laptops i have seen cost around £899 minimum, unless im looking wrong. Anyway just a spec like so if possible would be a great insight on the price etc:

20GB HD----128.0 or 256MB Ram----2GHZ minimum processor----XP Proffesional for the OS unless theres a better recommended one.

Ive never owned a Laptop before so please tell me if theses requests are adequate, im wanting to only spend around £500,£600 ish. Im sick of Desktop Pc's, is it recommeded going for a laptop or Desktop Pc?

Anyway hope this is enough info, please say if you need more.

Many,Many Thanks

pj123 14:14 16 Feb 2003

Do you want New or Secondhand? If secondhand is OK ring this number Monday to Friday 01603 867521.

rickf 14:27 16 Feb 2003

Staples, novatech and morgan are good bets. Alternatively, wait a couple of months the prices would really be down then! You can see them falling now.

Peverelli 14:36 16 Feb 2003

You could always browse through the auction sites.

jazzypop 14:45 16 Feb 2003

Try click here (just press Alt-F4 to close it if their silly full-screen login page comes up).

Mad Boy 16:54 16 Feb 2003

i would prefer new, as you get the warranty and stuff with it, if anything goes wrong i can take it back. second hand is fine, if it comes with a warranty. But looking at the prices these days second hand is the best option, i mean almost £1000 for a laptop, yeah right!

When will the laptops and computers be reduced? Because im moving to spain in a few months and thats the reason i want a laptop, so i can take it with me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?