Whenever I try to open most programs, it comes up with Bad Image or Fatal Error. Read details please

yompo 20:59 16 Mar 2015

SKYPE - when i try to open this, this is what it says:

Skype.exe - Bad Image

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32Zolepro32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

then when i click OK it comes up with this:

Fatal Error

Failed to load library olepro32.dll

STEAM - when i try to open this...

Steam - Fatal Error

Failed to load steamui.dll

RIGHT CLICKING DESKTOP...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error! Program: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe This Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application s support team for more information.

Lastly i can t go on control pannel either, it doesn t come up with an error message, it just doesnt work and stays blank when ever i open it It also used to do similar things with Word and Excel but i glitched my way through into that by opening up already saved documents on my usb.

any ideas on what to do

ragnaromyomyo 20:02 18 Mar 2015

Your system files might be corrupted or infected with a virus or your anti-virus might be blocking the infected files. Most of the files that are giving errors are system related. This might be why other programs crash as they need those files to run.

Try a system restore or try Scannnow sfc in command prompt. Create a system restore point before doing this so that you can go back if needed.

how to: scannow sfc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?