when parallels trail expires, what happens 2 data?

Jwbjnwolf 18:51 10 Mar 2011
Answered

I want to insall Parallels desktop 6 trial but before doing so I want to know a few things.
-The operating systems that I install in Virtual Machines in parallels, what will happen to the OS(s) and data when the trail runs out?Will it all be wiped or will it just get pad-locked untill I enter a new Key?
-can I keep entering a trail product key in insead of a full license key? as friend in school says that you can, will it be alright?
-and if I do keep to just trials, is there any imited features?If so, What?

Really need to knkw as want to install xp and linux this way instead of beside mac os x where there is possibility of easily messing up mac os x.

thanks for responces to whoever respondes.

Jwbjnwolf 16:28 11 Mar 2011

Where are the helpers today?

Jwbjnwolf 20:28 20 Mar 2011

No helpers then I guess?
Well Apple themselfs have told me that it just locks it until I enter a genuine fully licenced key so I will click this resolved

Jwbjnwolf 18:48 06 Jul 2011
Answer

Actually, for the past few months, I have been able to just keep renewing the trial with a new trial product key. A bit silly that Parallels desktop allows that.

And then with iWorks, I just go into the system files and find the iWorks trial licence and delete it and iWorks thinks I have just installed it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?