When is the next version of Interner Explorer due

Halmer 09:24 01 Mar 2003

because I can't get 6.0 to load all the components because apparently I have installed and uninstalled it in the past?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:08 01 Mar 2003

try this as Hell is more likely to freeze over before a totally new version of IE6 appears....load the IE6 CD and when you get to the custom/typical page choose typical and tick all the options except languages and media player. Continue and reboot when the load has ended.

G

Halmer 10:21 01 Mar 2003

Did you mean 'chose custom'?

I have done this but it tells me that certain components could not be installed (or words to that effect).

When I do a Windows update it tells me that there is a critical update (service pack) available. I asume that it is telling me this because I haven't managed to install everything.

I suppose I should leave it as it seems to work, i.e. Outlook Express and Internet Explorer seem to work OK.

It's just frustrating that I can't install what Microsoft consider to be a critical update.

Pesala 12:40 01 Mar 2003
  powerless 12:42 01 Mar 2003

MS Windows Internet Explorer 7 - i think he means.

Gaz 25 13:20 01 Mar 2003

MS Said....

Lets hope for it.

Stuartli 13:35 01 Mar 2003

The Critical Updates is to eliminate any security or other problems in the current version of IE which you are running.

You should download and install them; downloading the latest Service Pack also includes all updates, patches etc over the previous few months.

Stuartli 13:37 01 Mar 2003

Completely different internet browser...:-)

Pesala 14:31 01 Mar 2003

Stuartli

Yes, I know, but why put up with IE if you don't have to?

Halmer 20:17 02 Mar 2003

but when it comes to the installation I get a message saying that some items cant be installed for some reason.

I assume this means that I need them but it wont work rather than it tried to instal them but I already have them.....if you get my drift.

Halmer 20:17 02 Mar 2003

but when it comes to the installation I get a message saying that some items cant be installed for some reason.

I assume this means that I need them but it wont work rather than it tried to instal them but I already have them.....if you get my drift.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?