when i start my comp help

ferretgirl29 22:32 07 Jan 2009

i have reformated my comp with vista disk but every time i turn comp on i get this

windows boot manager
2 options and they are both micrsoft windows vista thats the only 2 options i have in 30 sec it just starts is self as it normally would
how do i stop this every time i turn on

at bottom says
windows memory diagnostics

thanks.

MAJ 22:38 07 Jan 2009

You haven't formatted the disk, you have just loaded another instance of Windows onto the drive along with the original. Start again and this time make sure you choose to format the disk first.

MAJ 22:39 07 Jan 2009

Remember though, if you format the disk, you will lose everything on it, so make sure you backup any files you want to keep.

ferretgirl29 20:29 08 Jan 2009

hi all i have with comp is the emachines windows vista home premium 32-bit operating system disc

i wanted to wipe my comp to it was the day i bought it so i just stuck this disc in and it wipt everything

i thought it would ov put comp back to the day i got it but it didnt as there was say mc caffe isnt on a few other like the free triles

i phoned emachines and they said just stick this disc in and that would wipe it it did but not like the day it was when i bought it any help please thanks.

tullie 20:42 08 Jan 2009

as maj says,boot from cd and follow instructions for formatting the partition windows is on.

ferretgirl29 20:46 08 Jan 2009

emachines windows vista home premium 32-bit operating system disc

use that disc that iv stated cos thats what i used and it ended up like this

ferretgirl29 21:09 08 Jan 2009

any one

brundle 21:12 08 Jan 2009

Get EasyBCD; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?