when facing problem

blurdevil 09:58 23 Aug 2003

hie, i wonder how can we put the scrren shots of the problem when we don't know to describe it. so that the expert would know what is the problem we are facing..

thankz for spending your time reading and helping me to solve, thankz...

DieSse 10:04 23 Aug 2003

Some people put them onto the web, and give a pointer to them.

Perhaps some of the regulars (and I will too) can come up with an agreed place and set of instructions for this, to help those who don't know.

Pesala 10:05 23 Aug 2003

What you can do is upload a screenshot to your own webspace, then paste a URL to the address here. Hover your mouse over the click here link to see the address, click it to view the graphic, which I used to illustrate how to create outline fonts in Font Creator

click here

There are issues with copyright and so forth, posting images to the PCA servers, so they don't allow it. Presumably it would take a huge about of bandwidth too.

Forum Editor 10:20 23 Aug 2003

would the uploading of screenshots take time and server space, there would be some very obvious security risks - so we aren't planning to offer that service at all.

As others have said - there's nothing to stop you putting screenshots on your own server space, but to be honest I can't see that there would be any great advantage gained by doing it. For over two and a half years we have managed pretty well with verbal descriptions of problems, and although I can envisage a few situations where a screenshot might be of some help they would be few and far between.

wee eddie 20:53 23 Aug 2003

the text content of the screen, into the message section with a short explanatory note.

Jester2K II 20:58 23 Aug 2003

You could read it pixel by pixel into the message box.

i.e Grey pixel, Grey pixel, Grey pixel, Grey pixel, Red Pixel, Red Pixel, Red Pixel, Red Pixel, White Pixel, White Pixel, Red Pixel...

Or hava code

GGGGGRRRRWWWRR etc

Then we could click along in MS Paint to re-draw the error message on our own screens....

or just copy and paste.

If really stuck then do take a screen shot and ask if you can e-mail the piccy to someone. You can't just e-mail to someone they'll contact you first. But you'd need to ask...

powerless 21:00 23 Aug 2003

"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."

- Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983)

A picture would be perfect! If one is needed...

blurdevil 13:16 26 Aug 2003

I cant upload the print screen in here ?? pcadvisor forum ??

cause i dont own a website..

wee eddie 17:40 26 Aug 2003

Write a description of the problem on your word-processor.

Highlight it > Copy it > Come on-line to this site > Paste it into this box > Press Post response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?