Wheel lines on my photo's

Colt45 22:17 10 Apr 2003

My colleague has an Epson 740 printer. When printing on epson photo paper at 720dpi it has started leaving clear roller marks down the length of the print. They are clear lines and go the full length of the page and each roller mark is evenly spaced across the print. He is using Epson cartridges. When printing at 1440dpi it's not so bad. He also gets similar results when using plain paper. Any ideas we can try?

Bob

Happy1 22:22 10 Apr 2003

I am not being cheeky here, but just in case you are new to printer. Have you tried cleaning printer heads usually done via computer or by pushing a couple of buttons on printer. May solve problem.

MPete 22:38 10 Apr 2003

You might want to try the delay on passes to give the ink more time to dry before the paper moves.
It's in the options some where. Some paper types require lots of delay if there shiny. Could be paper type mismatched with the ink for that printer also. Like I know that Epson's ink is different from say HP's. Also when doing photos you for me anyway, reduce tha amount of ink it is using slightly. Photo papers don't soak it all up well. I turn the ink usage down slightly this is on a hp though can't remember how Epson's system works. My Epson self distructed in a single year even though it was only used twice. That's what killed it too BTW, lack of use. Oh well now I know what not to buy in the future.

richierich 22:45 10 Apr 2003

Nothing to do with ink,paper etc. its a mechanical fault, phone epson support, chances are they' fix it or just replace it for you, they are usually pretty good.

Djohn 22:58 10 Apr 2003

It may be because the feed rollers are pressing too hard on the paper, the Epson has an adjuster under the cover, try moving it to the + setting. J.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:41 11 Apr 2003

I would agree with happy 1. The printer software should allow you to do a nozzle check, then clean. If the lines are really stubborn you may need to clean three or four times. waste of ink, I know, but sometimes necessary. Whiz...

anchor 09:10 11 Apr 2003

Having used various Epson printers for some years, I really don`t think your problem is related to head cleaning. Sure, you could try it, but I doubt it will help.

Check the feed roller setting as suggested by Djohn, and put in the + position.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?