wheee! finally broadcasting

six-h 22:01 19 Jun 2010

to the world from my omnia. been trying for 7 months. can someone tell me why gmail is "forbidden" i'm using "ie" on a wi-fi connection in mallorca. might not respond quickly due to iffy connection / lack of email for notification!

six-h 13:27 05 Jul 2010

OK back home now and find there is no "Resolved" tick box.
Only posting this to see if one appears!

six-h 13:27 05 Jul 2010

Ah that's better!

lotvic 13:33 05 Jul 2010

You showing off, just because you have a posh phone? ;-D

six-h 13:34 05 Jul 2010

lotvic:
No, I found it and have been trying for seven months to connect to the internet!
These smart phones are too damn smart for me to actually BUY one;-)

Dipso 16:41 05 Jul 2010

Welcome back my friend!

I had no problems connecting to my Gmail account after our recent trip to Turkey...maybe it was the Spanish ISP???

six-h 17:13 05 Jul 2010

Dipso!!
There's a name I've not seen in ages!!
You're right the problem was the iffy quality of the connection.
It is a council provided hotspot that extends all along the promanade and fortunately since my flat is right on the front, and 2nd floor, I can get a connection if I place my phone/lappy on the A/C compressor and angle it juuust right!!
Even so, it sometimes tells me after trying to access some pages that the address is invalid, the signature is invalid, or some such, but with persistance it eventually pulls up the page...albeit reluctantly!
Can't complain, after all it's free but you wouldn't want to use it for long!

Having returned home, the Wi-Fi has once more gone into hibernation and I can't access my router with it. I think this proves that the "block" on the phone also takes down the Wi-Fi thought I'm mistified as to how my router managed to acquire the phone's mac address!

I'm happy enough with it, saves carrying the lappy on holiday!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?