What's Taking Up All My Memory...?

Cybercrow 22:24 17 Mar 2005

I've been burning some audio cd's this week and an error message keeps coming up saying 'FAILED DUE TO LACK OF MEMORY'.

I clicked on My Computer and it shows that i have used up 16gb of my 19gb computer's memory.

I don't see what is taking up so much memory.

I don't have many pictures or documents stored on my pc.
I only have one or two games on it also.

I have deleted my temporary internet files and done a drive C clean-up.

How can i tell what is using up my memory and what i can delete and cannot...?

Technotiger 22:30 17 Mar 2005

Hi, I think if you also empty your Temp folder in C:Windows/Temp might give you a bit more room.
Also have you deleted Cookies in IE.

Cheers.

ade.h 22:31 17 Mar 2005

That's your hard disk space. The "memory" is either you RAM or, more likely, the CD-writer's buffer.

More info about drive make and burning software, please.

JonnyTub 22:32 17 Mar 2005

Use cc cleaner from click here , does it all for you

JonnyTub 22:33 17 Mar 2005

If the 19gb capacity refers to hard drive space of which 16gb is used, you need to consider a hard drive upgrade or some tough choices as to what to delete

howard60 22:34 17 Mar 2005

you appear to be mistaking hard disk space for ram. Try pressing control/alt/delete and look at what is running. You may have too much starting when you switch on. Go to start-run- and type msconfig - then go to the startup tab top right and see what has a tick at the left hand edge. I only have a tick in the virus checker and firewall. Click on the box to remove the ticks from unwanted items. Restart and put a tick in the box bottom left of the alert so that it does not come up each time you start up. I always burn from a folder on my hard drive not from the live ram or another cd. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?