Whats RECYCLER for?

User-CB6C597F-1581-4FAF-8DFF3B1477396392 15:23 15 Oct 2008

When Im running a virus scan on my computer it gets to C:\RECYCLER with a long string after it and spends hours scanning this folder. I really do mean hours. Is it necessary? Is there a way to get rid of it? Is it something to do with the recycle bin and if so can I empty it?

Rahere 15:33 15 Oct 2008

This is the recycle bin - if you empty it and do a disc cleanup before you scan it shouldn't take to long

Try ccleaner click here for a more thorough clean out than the Disk Cleanup tool that comes with Windows

birdface 15:39 15 Oct 2008

double click it and press empty.

woodchip 16:17 15 Oct 2008

just right click recycle bin and choose empty

Rahere 16:22 15 Oct 2008

think Gloria may have the message now chaps!!

I have ran the disc cleanup and there is something called "compressed old files" which is not ticked to be removed. How can I see what these are. There is over 1.7Mb in there.

yorkieman 13:04 18 Oct 2008

i asked this question on here last week, you can clear your recyle bin easy but you will still have recycler on your hard drive full of stuff afraid no one could help me on this subject. i have an empty recycle bin but still got loads of stuff in the recycler which my virus checker scans every time,like me you just might have to live with it

brundle 13:06 18 Oct 2008

Recycler stores deleted files from all user accounts on the machine, you can delete it from the command line or go into every other account on your machine and empty the recycle bin for that account.

yorkieman 21:49 18 Oct 2008

can you give a bit more detail brundle please dont know if gloria can do that but i certainly can't, but then i'm a bit old

Daiol 22:04 18 Oct 2008

What about typing %temp% into run then okay what does that do exactly?.Maybe that will assist gloria.

brundle 22:05 18 Oct 2008

Follow these instructions (they do work, ignore the "it doesn't work for me" posts);

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?