What's going on here Guy?

PA28 23:03 18 Oct 2003

I like the look and the speed of the new site, but are we all going on a diet here? I'll start loading toilet roll into my printer soon if the column gets any narrower!

woodchip 23:08 18 Oct 2003

I cannot understand the repeat of the forum at the left, it's a waste of desktop space

woodchip 23:19 18 Oct 2003

The Add's on the right AMAZON are the first time I have taken any notice and visited. Based purely on the price of individual items offered. But the left column is just a waste and irritating

PA28 23:19 18 Oct 2003

Look guys, let's not get silly here. I was merely citing toilet roll as an example of low cost continuous feed paper that would better suit the narrowing format that we appear to be encountering. For all I know, it may be that we're being edged out into the type size and format of the new column to our left, whilst the middle ground is occupied by BIG ADVERTS!

Of course I wouldn't really use toilet roll in my printer..... now that the shiny St Izel has all but disappeared from the market (though it can still be found in some train toilets, I believe) the new soft stuff really messes up the printhead!

woodchip 23:28 18 Oct 2003

Yes but it soaks up the ink

PA28 23:30 18 Oct 2003

.. and have you noticed that the helpful info links have also gone commercial? For example you'll find that including the word startup will now take you to HSBS business finance? Printer will shove you in Canon's direction. Desktop will upset my Intel processor. It's all getting too much!

Forum Editor 23:36 18 Oct 2003

even for a Saturday night.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?